Friday, October 26, 2007

Your voice was the soundtrack of my summer

An art teacher, Miss Salley, came from London to give us art students, an art workshop. I swear I suck at art. We did three different methods of art. Oil painting, Charcoal drawing and Ink painting. I actually had trouble starting but she kept coming up to me, looking at my drawings and saying things like, "beautiful" and "oh wow" That motivated me and I tried my best. (Yes, Tengku i have moved out of my oil painting stage and gone to charcoal painting. lol! ;) Once we finished our four day workshop, we moved our pictures to the lawn and she started talking about how well we all did. She also said she had awards to present but no prizes. She gave out the first two award and then said, "Ok this one, *points to my art* she had so much trouble starting but with a little help and motivation, she managed to pull through and she did it. I give her the Best Effort Put In award. *proceeds to congratulate me*" The smile on my face was like the size of Texas, I think. lol. Best Effort! Woohoo! Mind you, only three people got awards, okay? :P As I was walking out of the art room, I shook hands with her and said bye. She smiled and said, "it was nice having you here" She looked at my name tag and exclaimed, "Oh! Joanna! That's my name! Joanne Salley" I just smiled and said, "well it was a pleasure meeting you" As we went back to class, Tengku announces that she doesn't like our pictures put on the lawn because it was though they were being punished.




even the best fall down some times..
even the wrong words seem so right
i somehow find.. you and i collide

1 comment:

Unknown said...

it's charcoal u pariah...