Thursday, March 24, 2011

Cause I Miss You




It feels like it was only yesterday I saw you smile and saw that gleam in your eye when you saw me, and the way your eyes danced when you laughed. I loved when you took my hand and held it every time I sat next to you. Our private jokes that would send me into a fit of laughter always made me feel better. When you never complained about the pain of living with cancer for 5 years and when you fought through the pain with that laugh and smile, I looked up to you in admiration and awe. How you would let me play games with you, map out your veins, always made me feel special but most of all, when you believed in me, showed me you cared, and showered me with sweets, I felt on top of the world.
I know your shining down on me from heaven, like so many friends we've lost along the way, and I know eventually we'll be together, one sweet day.

Yours always and forever, Nit. <3

No comments: